Saturday, September 29, 2012

WTH....SMH...and LOL! ...oh my!!

Wow...Ok, so I think I can say I'm pretty much done with the online site at this time. A couple weeks ago, I went on a "date" with one of the guys who'd contacted me and I can honestly say, I totally screwed THAT date up! LOL!! Without going too much into detail, I will say this... This dude (I'll refer to him as 5'9", ..obvious reason) seemed to be a nice guy; he smelled good, looked decent, had dimples even!! He had a job, a home and decent transportation!!! Ok, so you may ask "so, what went wrong, Just Trena?" Well, let me tell you...

As you know I've been slightly distracted with Online Interest (OI), and this date was made during OI's mini-MIA episode. *sidenote: he had an "eh" explanation, totally believable, let's hope he improves in the "communication while sick" area. Ok, so back to the date with 5'9"... The conversation was going pretty good until he asked about my online experience...this is where I'm going to give you lucky readers some "Do's and Don'ts" of dating...

1. Don't talk about another guy you're interested in on the date.
2. Don't offer to set up your date with one of your girlfriends! *uh uh, don't do it!
3. Do limit going out on other dates once you find someone you're interested in online, at least until you "figure out" if your interest is going somewhere and/or worth investigating further without other distractions.

Yeah, needless to say, that was a quick date, which somehow surprisingly ended on a comedic note. 5'9" contacted me on his way home from the date to talk about it and to make sure I was okay (see?, he was sweet and considerate also!), and we did find quite a few laughs to get out of it. He also explained setting him up with my girlfriend wouldn't work because he would always be checking me out and he also said he wished he'd never met me because he was indeed attracted (Aww!). AND he told me how weird it was for me to even offer that! lol... Well, anyone who knows me, knows I sometimes have difficulty with the process of filtering thoughts to verbalization, and things I say are usually done with good intentions, so all of the friends I told about the episode laughed but wasn't really surprised.

So, as of a couple days ago, I stopped my automatic renewal with the dating site and once my time has lapsed, I will hide / delete my profile. I also feel as if I've had enough of the speed dating for now. One day I may venture out there again but as for now, I'm confident the "real world" offers enough prospects.

Well, until next time ya'll....Toodles!

No comments: