Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Ain't Hatin'...Really, I'm Not...

Disclaimer: This observation is being posted from an “Ah ha” moment, not to be confused, at all, with anger.

So, today as I was perusing my Facebook page, I noticed something that has always tickled at the peripheral of my consciousness. Wait a minute…let me preface this post with this story: A Facebook friend once stated that if a man or woman was truly in a relationship with you, he/she would proudly post it on their Facebook page, at a minimum, as his/her status. At first, I bucked…”Surely not everyone wants their business out there on Facebook!”..is what I said. I declared then and there I would go and “investigate” the people I had as “friends” and ya’ll know what?!! Surprisingly sure enough, EVERY LAST PERSON, who I knew was in a relationship, had it posted!! Even the known "dogs" of the group! Now, ex-dude who was suppose to be all into me is on Facebook but I was nowhere to be found ..not in his status, in his pictures, whatever. *shoulder shrug..huh, no real issue for me because I am the one who believed it doesn’t really have to be out there to mean anything, although I did have at least pictures of said ex-dude posted on my page.

Fast forward to today, almost two months after the breakup, and guess what? Ex-dude and this chick’s picture is scattered along my timeline. Honestly, no biggie, except the remembrance of the above conversation from many months ago. So, we were together for a minute and never a public declaration of feelings but a date gets front in center? Hmmm, interesting…

No comments: