Sunday, September 16, 2012

Single ...and Ready to Mingle Vent...

The concept of "mingling"...what exactly does that look like, ya'll? According to the online Free Dictionary, to mingle is: "to bring or combine together or with something else"; "to be all mixed up or jumbled together". <_< Well, that's how I'm defining it right about now for me...all mixed up! Yeah, that one works for me! LOL!

As you know I've been dabbling in the online scene and surprisingly, it's getting quite interesting. TODAY, I've had at least four dudes to initiate contact with me. I noticed a couple of them had checked out my profile a few times before and I guess today was the day for them to make contact. Two asked me out for a meet-up and the other two carried on conversations consisting of more than just "hey beautiful" or "hey lady", which is their usually speak.

If you've read my past posts, you know there's one guy in particular I'm interested in, and that's Online Interest, you know, the one who crashed the Speed dating event the other night"? Well, for some reason, he is being a little quiet this weekend so being as I'm not as distracted, I thought I'd entertain the other dudes. Well, I must say, "over 40" ain't no joke! I can't keep'em all straight in my head and am forgetting what I've said to whom! Surely this is not the way it's suppose to go down, ya'll!! I need a spreadsheet just to keep things straight and to keep myself sane!

I'm beginning to wonder if there are rules out there that states when one should close the lines of communication on this beast called online dating? When do you stop acknowledging new contacts until you've had a chance to check out the first group of guys, without losing the new group of guys interest? Ugh!! There's always something, isn't it?

Well, this was just me rambling on the confusion I'm experiencing right now with online dating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not discouraged at all! Just need a breather from it all for a minute. After I get the two who invited me out "situated", I think I may have to take a hiatus from this for a minute! LOL...

~Toddles!!

No comments: